The main purpose of Wapiti access control is to prevent people without wristbands or proper accreditation from entering the festival from the dyke/river or the backstage access area.
Person #1 – Dyke/Parking Lot Access
- One access person will be stationed on the dyke at the end of the parking lot.
- Duties of this access person will be to ensure that no one goes along the dyke without proper accreditation. Proper accreditation/people include those with backstage, organizer, and security passes.
- Bands that need access to backstage to drop off equipment. When the bands arrive ask their name and please radio Matt to let them know the band has arrived. Bands should show you their backstage accreditation. Then direct them to drive down the dyke and tell them to take the first visible path to their left and that will lead them to the backstage area.
- Vendors that need to drop off additional product. Radio Jen or Jeni to let them know a vendor has arrived. Once approved please instruct them to drive down the dyke but they can only go as far as the section with the port-a-potties. They must unload their stock on the dyke and bring it in from there (they cannot drive right up to the bridge).
- Public – No pubic are allowed to cross that area. The Dyke is closed for the festival. Please let the public know to cross the parking lot and they can walk along the dyke by the houses until they hit the end of the pond. From there they can connect to the main dyke again.
- Festival Patrons – No Festival Patrons will be allowed on that section of the Dyke without a backstage pass. Please let them know to enter through the front gate.
Conflicts with patrons should be dealt with by professional security. Call them if they are needed.
- Please keep an eye out for any patrons trying to sneak into the festival through the trees. Please let them know that we see them and they must leave. If you are having problems please radio Jen or Jeni for backup.
- Night Time/Festival Close – Please shine your light into the parking lot at the end of the night to help patrons.
Person #2 – Dyke Backstage Access
- This person is stationed on the dyke by the stage.
- This access person will prevent any festival patrons without a backstage pass from going past them (as the backstage area is restricted access).
- Volunteer is also a double check. If a band vehicle gets to you please tell them they just missed the backstage turnoff and direct them where it is.
- Also watch out for any public trying to sneak off the river into the festival. Everyone on the dyke should have a wristband. If they don’t have a wrist band then question them where it is. They must have a wristband to be on the festival grounds. Contact the festival coordinator if they don’t.
Person #3 – Dyke
- This person is stationed along the dyke from the Gate B all the way to access person #2
- Duty is to walk along the dyke and patrol to ensure no one sneaks up on the festival from the riverside.
- Everyone on the dyke should have a wristband. If they don’t have a wristband then question them where it is. They must have a wristband to be on the festival grounds. Contact the festival coordinator if they don’t.
- Also walk through the port-a-pottie and back area (by the horseshoe pits) to ensure that there aren’t any problems. Report any problems.
Person #4 – Backstage Access
- This access person is positioned beside the Budget Van and in front of the open gate the accesses the backstage to the main festival area.
- Duty is to ensure that anyone heading into the backstage area has a backstage pass. They must present this backstage pass to get into the backstage area. No exceptions. Any problems contact Jen or Jeni.